Tuesday, May 20, 2008

MAY 20, 2008 "FORGIVE, LET GO AND MOVE ON"

MAY 20, 2008
Forgive, Let Go & Move On Current mood: blessed
Do not say, "I'll do to him as he has done to me; I'll pay that man back for what he did." - Proverbs 24:29
"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." - Mark 11:25
I can honestly say that these two scriptures remain firmly implanted in my mind as time progresses and things from the past....remain unchanged....but still in the past- where they belong. As I grow closer to God and continue this journey as a wife and mother- I have come to realize one important thing- forgiveness is essential in growing and learning. If I keep looking back into the past at the hurt at the abuse I endured in my home growing up and the violence I endured at the hands of the father of my children- I am not allowing myself to see the full brightness of the future. The reality is that all of those hurtful experiences made me the person I am today- and that person is someone I proud to be! I am at a point in my life where I can finally stand up for myself and choose the people whom I let into my life and let stay in my life. As trying as it may be- letting toxic people GO has been the most productive and therapeutic experience for me as an adult. They must work to fix themselves- I cannot fix them only GOD has that POWER. As I sever ties with people who have been a part of my life since I was born and I am choosing to let GO of the hurt, pain and the past. They have not changed and unless they make major life changes- they never will. I am not a child anymore- I am an adult- wife and mother- I owe it to my children to show them that people who choose to hurt you in anyway- do not deserve a place in your life.
As each day passes and I learn to forgive (even though forgiveness was not asked for or wrongs were not acknowledged) happiness becomes a bigger part of my life and sorrow and confusion disappear. I believe that when you wrong a person- either by actions, words or in a physical way it is the right thing to do to go to that person and ask for their forgiveness- admitting the wrong you have done to them- and in turn completing the circle of forgiveness. Unfortunately we do not live in a perfect world and often times we grant forgiveness in our heart without the person who wronged us coming to us for their forgiveness. God knows our hearts- and only God. When we leave this world we will answer only to God about our actions on this Earth- and I will make certain when I meet my maker I will not have to answer for any hard feelings I have carried, burdens I failed to let go of and hurt I could not move past. I grant forgivness daily- sometimes I struggle with it- sometimes it is easy- but everyday I am faced with it. I know as I long as I choose the high road and I forgive, let go and move on....my heart will contiue to overflow with happiness, gratefulness and all the blessings this life has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment