Tuesday, November 20, 2012

33rd Bday & 5 Year Anni

Another year older and another year married...it seems that the happiness of celebrating our Anniversary every year, helps with the sting of getting older.

Let's talk AGE- 33- really? I don't feel grown up enough to be 33! I mean really? Maybe it's because I was always the baby of the family? Not sure! But I can't fathom this new mid-thirties status. I can attest to the fact that the 30s HAVE ROCKED! They have been the best years so far- in.my.life. I have accomplished more, had more fun, traveled to more places and laughed more than anytime in my entire life! I am enjoy the 30s- people finally take me seriously  and besides fighting the battle of the bulge, chin hairs (yes I said chin hairs) and an overwhelming amount of gray hairs-the 30s have been good to me.

5 years married! WOW! I always joke and tell my husband- "you should be proud this is the longest I've ever been with someone- no breaks ups, no back and forth- just TOGETHER". I am certainly proud of me! Coming from a "broken home" if you will, can be a hindrance when it comes to being loyal and sticking it out in a marriage. Children mimic what they see and what I saw from age 0-10 was fighting, leaving, fighting, leaving and finally the Big D. I am finally getting this marriage thing down- you stay, you stick it out, even when it hurts, especially when it hurts and you figure things out TOGETHER- no matter what it is- just put it on the table and work through it. Don't think I am trying to be an expert on marriage- I think that is a joke! We are all learning as we go- life is so unpredictable and we never know what's around the corner. We just do the best we can and if at the end of the day when we lay our hands we can do it knowing we are laying next to the one we love- well then we are accomplishing something everyday.

US on our Anniversary enjoying a night w/ fam & friends!
In the short but long 5 years we've been married- we survived- living in and flipping two houses, which means non stop work! Battling out in court over custody of the kiddos- nearly making us go completely broke- financial devastation was just around the corner for us. And who can forget the failed IVF that brought us both to our knees emotionally, physically and it also posed a huge financial burden. We spent nearly a year building our new house- ourselves- which was trying beyond any words I can put here. We are in the midst of raising TWO pre-teens and that has presented new challenges which I think we are dealing with very well! Amongst all these trials and tribulations of LIFE we never lost touch of who we were TOGETHER, we had some rocky times, times I know I thought I just couldn't stick it out any longer because it hurt too much, but I am so glad I did! I am so glad that the hubby came from a parents and grandparents that have been together FOREVER so he could teach me and show me what unconditional love is all about. "I am in this for the long haul" he always tells me. And for this first time ever in my life- I believe a man who promises he will never leave me. He's my best friend, my #1 fan, my partner in crime, my project manager of all things house related, my comic relief when I need, the center of my passion and everything I have ever wanted or needed in a man. I am so glad HE IS MINE! Love him! I can't wait to celebrate many more birthdays and anniversaries together! PS- he's finally getting the hang of this romance thing- he bought FLOWERS AND CARDS this year...a first! Kuddos Hubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment