Dexamethasone 0.75 mg Tablet or Prednisone 10 mg
A lovely STEROID tablet (Gotta love Steroids). This little pill is going to help fight off inflammation or my body's need to fight off the embryo thinking it is a foreign invader of my body!
- Potential side effects are insomnia, increase in appetite and bloating. (these 3 together sound a little scary!)
Lupron (Leuprolide Acetate)
This is wonderful drug suppresses my "Pituitary Hormones" What are these you might ask? Stuff like the adrenal and thyroid. Even though my Ovaries are connected to the pituitary hormones my Ovaries will NOT be suppressed...Whew! Relief! This is another lovely stomach shot- yay me! We get to use "insulin syringes"
- The most common side effect is hot flashes, this will be relieved by the start of your hormone medication (i.e., E2V or Gonal-F or Follistim (Hot Flashes sound like I'm going to get a preview into menopause- good practice I shall never forget!)
E2V = Estradiol Valerate = DelestrogenBasically a shot in the "buttocks" that gets my Stimulators primed and ready for Stimulation. Women who have had a hysterectomy take this for hormone supplements. I am going to venture to say that this medication is ONE of the meds that will probably make me feel like hormonal crazy mess! When I Googled It the med is described a Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Folic Acid 1mg tablet
This is one medication that I actually knew the functionality and have taken before as all pregnant women or trying to conceive women should! It prevents Spina Bifida.
SDF (Viagra) Suppositories (Let's Get the Party Started)
- Given to increase blood flow to endometrial lining
- Take vaginally 4 times daily (Really?!?!)
- No side effects, except possible vaginal irritation from so many suppositories. (No side effects? Irritation in the HooHaw is a big side effect in my opinion).
Terbutaline 5 mg Tablets
- Given to relax the uterine muscle which will allow more blood flow through the uterine vessels
- Starts with SDF suppositories. (I had to look this up- this is a suppository that goes in your HooHaw- I was hoping I was done with this part at the Viagra- guess not!)
- One tablet three times a day
- You will experience the side effects of nervousness, shakiness and a racing heart! If your heart rate is over 120 beats per minute, please skip a dose
- Your body will adjust to the Terbutaline in 2-5 days and you will no longer experience the side effects
Gonal F / FollistimFrom what I have read this is the BIG DADDY in the stimulation meds. This is the medication that kicks your follices into overdrive and helps your woman business produce LOTS of EGGS! Yay for Eggs- we love Eggs!
LuverisSo what is exactly is a "pure Lutenizing Hormone"? Well I Googled It (imagine that). Here's what I got: A hormone used to support Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) therapy.
It is always taken with Gonal F. So basically it is a booster for stimulation! Got it!
Progesterone in oilThis syringe and gauge process is enough to make my head spin! Use the 1 1/2 " this or that and 3ccs of this or that...I am confused- are you?
Intramuscular injection sites- this looks painful...all I'm saying!
Subcutaneous Injection Site (use upper thigh or lower abdomen)- never had a shot in the abs before this should be interesting since mine are obviously covered by layers of stretched marked skin! This should be fun!
So my fellow readers- what do you think of all this, as I like to call craziness, JICK JACK? It's amazing what medications can do to our body and how doctor can manipulate my entire reproductive system to make a baby! I feel like a science experiment! But a good one!