Thursday, September 30, 2010

Not Looking Back

IVF patients or couples battling infertility stand in a ring of their own. Often times, this can be a lonely ring. Especially when people all around you are getting pregnant and having babies like crazy! I can relate somewhat to those woman/couples because I have been that person getting pregnant so easily- I got pregnant 3 times in 2 years from age 19-21. But now that I have to do IVF to have a baby I just feel like I DO NOT fit in with those people anymore!

When I was young it was so easy for me to get pregnant. Each time was not planned and I had no clue what a miracle it was until I had each one of my children. I was so blessed to be fertile and did not even realize it at the time. Young and dumb I suppose. I used to live in regret and the "If I could just go back and change things" syndrome. But I have totally moved on from those thoughts and stand in peace with everything. I am where I am supposed to be, with who I am meant to be with and going through the journey chosen for me.

I truly believe we all go through certain struggles or triumphs in our life for a purpose. A lot of times that purpose is so that we can share our story and maybe just maybe help someone else who might be going through the same thing. I felt this way when I survived a domestic violence and I feel the same now with my IVF Journey. I totally feel called to reach out to other women who are going through the same thing. I know there are so many women out there who were in abusive marriages and for that reason chose to have a tubal ligation. Now years down the road, after escaping domestic violence, a lot of women, find good men (like I did) and want to have children with the man they love.

Many times it feels hopeless. Not many people can afford IVF or a Tubal Reversal and the journey is tedious and can take a toll on your health- mentally and physically. But the dream of having a baby with someone you love and bringing a child into a healthy loving marriage is always at the forefront of your mind. My advice is to NEVER GIVE UP HOPE! Always always stay focused on your dreams and set goals to reach your dream! Never once did I say to myself "this is impossible, this will never happen, or I give up!". If we have to do a second round of IVF- we will do what must be done and keep moving forward...never looking back!

So for all you women out there who are dealing with infertility whether it be because of a Tubal Ligation or some other issues I just have to say to you "DO NOT GIVE UP". Pray, stay faithful and always always keep a positive attitude about your situation. If it God's will He will provide a way for your hopes, dreams and wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment